![]() |
| Here, have a selfie. |
I cannot imagine studying anything other than English. Throughout my entire life, my love of words and books has captivated me and fueled me. It has shaped the person I am and it is an integral part of my essence as a person. At one point, I would have said that I prefer "classic literature" over other genres. After my first literature theory class and a couple of semesters in college, I can happily say that I'm open to most types of books although I have a preference for older well-known works known as classics, but I'm working my way into reading modern fiction. Although, let's be honest here: I'm a college student, I don't have time to read.
My final semester at Brookdale Community College is concluding, as well as my first literature theory course. Before I embarked on the pedagogical journey of getting my feet wet in theory so-to-speak, led by Professor Alvarez, I thought that my major would consist of reading lots of books and writings lots of papers. At this point, I understand that there is much more substance to an English degree. It became apparent to me that I really did not know much of what I was getting myself into. After this course, I can say that although I'm a bit nervous for the daunting task ahead of me, I am also so excited. I cannot imagine spending my time doing anything else.
With that being said, welcome to the blog that serves as the medium for my final project for my introduction to literary theory course, the Praxis project.

No comments:
Post a Comment